At the request of Don José Matía, the renovation of the façade of the estate was approved by the Hon. City Council of Cadiz on July 28, 1862, according to the Memory of the Master of Works Don Pablo José Artuña, being recorded in the Plans of the Reformation and Municipal Records, preserved in The Municipal Archive of Cadiz. This work is executed during the year 1863. Father Jerónimo Usera opened the School of the Sisters of the Love of God that operated between 1867 and 1871, when it closed and was transferred to Havana, Cuba. A plaque on the facade reminds this.